Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Weight.

Oh.

The weight of anxiety.

Oh.

The eloquence of the naked 'oh'.

So often in my life I'm struck.

I say 'OH!'.

I say 'OH! MY!'.

Oh! The excitement of it all.

Oh! The weight my own thoughts can force on my chest!

Oh!

Oh!

Feel the shock!

Oh!

Quickfire!

I tried to not go crazy.

But, oh, the winter got inside me anyways.

Oh!

Emotional strength and intellectual commitment.

Emotional intensity and intellectual support.

Because what I need, first and foremost, is emotions.

But the only thing that will make those emotions adequately presentable is my intellect.

I feel more than I think.

But I think with much greater clarity than I feel.

Quickfire, I feel no need to settle down.

Quickfire, I feel the need to shake you into my own position.

Quickfire, I dream of that movement.

That physical shake.

That actual jarring.

No comments:

Post a Comment