Sunday, January 6, 2013

Retiring. Maybe.

I've been contemplating retiring this blog.

It has been a great outlet for me. It was in March of 2009 that I first began blogging. The point has never been for other people to read it. Which doesn't really make sense, seeing as how I'm putting it on the internet.

Why not just write into word documents that I don't share with others?

The possibility that others might read is exciting enough, though pursuing actual readership has never been a priority.

Amazing. I wrote so many essays for so long, and have taken such a hiatus from that kind of thinking and writing.

Yet whenever someone talks to me about philosophy I just light up, I have so much energy, so many things to say.

I still think I need to pursue some kind of intellectual life, but I don't know how.

I'm rethinking my professional life. Trying to put myself in some different directions. But don't know where or why, really.

I want to get into some intense intellectual thinking and writing, but don't know how to right now.

I've recently fallen out of the habit.

Though I know I'd still love to write an essay on the philosophy of history and cultivating judgement.

Perhaps once I finish Antifragile. Which is a great book, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment