Monday, January 7, 2013

Or Not.

I can't be so sure about this stuff.

I want to write an essay. My mind is beckoning me. I feel this desire to sit down and write an essay. Get all analytical and stuff just for the fun of it.

I got a bit of comfort from Taleb last night. In Antifragile he claimed that it was important to follow your own inclinations with your reading. That if you are bored with one book, go on to another book. Never spend time with a book that bores you. Don't trust the directed reading that the academies advocate.

I have directed all my own reading for the last few years. I've really enjoyed it. I've gone all over the place. But have often felt a sort of direction guiding me.

I want to write about planning, understanding, and antifragility.

A while ago I had an idea for an essay. It was in October.

A simple claim. Planning comes from understanding, not the other way around.

I should start outlining it.

No comments:

Post a Comment