Thursday, January 17, 2013

Evaluating the Heart

The problem with duty is that it rests on understanding and consciousness and seemingly nothing else.

But how do I know that what I feel is proper?

Is there not some way to evaluate my heart?

There are all kinds of thoughts and feelings that I have that might be improper or just plain wrong. Kahneman confirms.

So what to do about that?

How to evaluate my heart?

How to believe that right action emerges from a deeper part of myself and still be able to base my actions on deeper feelings?

Historical ontology and behavioral economics offer some advice.

Personal reflection needs to be coupled with historical reflection.

This isn't really a proper post bust just note taking.

Whatever.

How to make something both criteriological and aesthetic?

No comments:

Post a Comment