Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Watercolor

I did this water color a while ago and I failed to share it on here. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Watercolors are still new to me. I don't do it very often.

I started doing it in February when my thinking was really stale. I wanted to find some way to get away from reading and writing. So I did a few. They were fun. I haven't done one for a bit. But I finished this one three weeks ago probably.


My thinking has been really strong in the last few weeks. Reading some Collingwood, reading MacIntyre, reflecting on things I already know.

I keep blogging about this coming plateau. About the next wave of substantial writing will arrive. But I feel pretty good waiting for it. I even started a new painting today. I'm letting it dry right now and I'm thinking about what else to do to it. I'm trying to use some brighter colors. The one I'm posting now is pretty dark. All black and greens and stuff. But hey whatever. I just kinda did it.

I don't have many thoughts about this one.

The one I started today, however, gave me some ideas.

Something about cosmology and the world and thinking. A lot of my thinking lately is about science, about the relationship between nature and mind. Thinking about nature. Thinking about people. Thinking about people thinking about nature.

Who knows. Just thinking about the natural sciences as I paint sloppy natural landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment