Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ughhhhhh Nietzsche Feels Good.

I was trying to read a book by Jim Holt, Why Does The World Exist?: An Existential Detective Story. It aggravated me, though. I have other questions to ask. I don't really care very much about the origin of the universe.

So, today I've started reading Nietzsche's Human, All Too Human and it feels reallllly good.

I like reading him.

He was talking about Man's position in the world, and our ultimate aimlessness. He says that if one considers ourselves part of this overall aimlessness, our "activity acquires the character of squandering in [our] eyes. But to feel squandered as mankind (and not just as an individual), as we see the single blossom squandered by nature, is a feeling above all feelings. But who is capable of it? Certainly only a poet–and poets always know how to comfort themselves" (Aphorism 33).

Excellent.

Excellent stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment