Thursday, November 1, 2012

Yesssssssssss

Jens Lekman yesssssssssssss.

I saw him live tonight and it was fantastic.

Yesssssssss.

Also, my new essay is starting to make total sense in my mind.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss.

Also, I don't trust this feeling of things making sense.

Yessssssssssssssssss.

I'm trying to remain curious. To avoid things making too much sense. To resist familiarity.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Tonight I had a thought pertaining to my emergent essay.

I thought to myself, 'Artists aren't great because they make great plans. Artists are great because they feel deeply, they understand deeply.'

Yesssssssssss.

The essay has a simple thesis:

Understanding should take precedence over planning.

This follows from another simple thesis:

Plans emerge organically from understanding, but understanding does not emerge organically from planning.

Boom.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

I held the s for so long that I had time to sip my beer.

Yessssssssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment