Monday, October 15, 2012

Some Thoughts on My Reading

My reading feels harmonious right now.  I'm reading The Immortalization Commission at a healthy pace, and I'm also reading some of Heidegger's essays from Poetry, Language, Thought. I've read 'Building Dwelling Thinking' (twice), 'The Thing' (once with 0 comprehension), and I'm almost through 'What Are Poets For?'.

Heidegger is definitely a great was to compliment my reading of John Gray. Gray has cited Heidegger in other works, and definitely owes him a debt. Better yet, a good portion of 'What Are Poets For?' is devoted to the analysis of Rilke's poetry. Rilke is my boy.

I have also made some connections between Heidegger and Collingwood. Both have a problem with our so called scientific civilization.

Something about technological nihilism.

Something about poetic modes of thought being a way out.

Something about logocentric culture and objectification.

Something about Being and representation.

Something about re-enactment/simulation theory and bridging the subject-object divide.

Something about Being and Simulation.

A piece of writing for the future, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment