Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Symphony and Shared Experience

Tonight I attened the Seattle symphony's performance of Gustav Holst's 'The Planets'.

I almost didn't go.

I went with my aunt.

She called me about an hour before and said 'Riley! We can't get seats together! It is packed! But we could watch it separately, in the same vicinity and meet up after.'

My reaction: Fuck that.

I'm not trying to go to the symphony and sit by myself while I know that my lovely aunt is somewhere in the crowd watching the same thing.

How strange!

Shouldn't I just have been like, "oh, well what is the difference if we sit next to one another or not? We will still be seeing the same performance."

But it isn't the same.

I'm not there just for the symphony.

I'm there to share that experience with a mind that I know and understand. A mind that I love and want to be involved with.

 Thankfully, we ended up being able to get seats together. So we went and it was lovely.

I think this incident to be highly demonstrative of my tendencies.

I love people and sharing things with them.

I love to know that I am feeling what you are feeling, thinking what you are thinking, seeing what you are seeing.

This is the other side of my solitude.

I am a deeply alone person. I always feel solitary, I embrace my solitude. But when I can find a way to share something, I do.

I love to share.

I love to let my solitude approach another solitude.

I love to let my mind share with another mind.

I love to share experiences.

It makes me feel less alone.

It reminds me that there are many solitudes, and that we can love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment