Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Cosmopolitan Night

Tonight I attended a lecture by Princeton philosopher Kwame Anthony Appiah. The title of the speech, and of one of his books, was Cosmopolitanism: Ethics In A World Of Strangers. The talk was pretty interesting. He was pretty interesting. But I wasn't entirely able to follow it. Well, it isn't like he ever said something that was completely confusing in its own right. But I don't feel as though I was able to grasp the structure of his presentation with enough clarity.

When I say Francis Fukuyama speak about a month ago I feel like he made the structure of his presentation very explicit. He said 'there are three major themes I am going to be using to illustrate blah blah blah.' It was easy to see the structure of the speech because he told you what it was going to be.

I took some notes. Maybe I'll try to do some work on them. Maybe I'll just get his book.

The only thing I'm sure of is that I don't feel like writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment