Monday, November 15, 2010

Loving Social Reflections

I had a very nice time tonight. Thank you to KP. It was a delightful evening.

I just love to be around other people.

I very much enjoyed my walk to and fro with my boy RG. We chatted, we purchased, we lived together. It is lovely to live with others. To live and to know that this isn't some silly circus. That this is all we have. Good stuff.

On the walk back Mr. G was able to provide some provocative comments on my current writing project and the reading project that I have chosen to take up. Who knows how to answer those questions. That is why it was so provocative. Because my current writing project isn't yet clear enough. And the way that my current reading applies isn't clear. My current project is alive. It shifts, it breathes as I think.

But I'm a little drunk. So now I will sleep. But thanks again. Dear. Ms. P. Thanks. Dear Mr. G. Thanks. Good night.

I just want to be full of love.

Soon I will write a post that will analyze the progression of my reading and writing over the last year. I think that my reading and writing has followed a certain logic. More specifically, I think that I have been trying to answer certain specific questions, each one leading to the next.

But my biggest question is, What is the big question that underlies all of my smaller questions?

I think the question is this: How do I lead a good life and help others do the same?

I think the answer is this: Transform, become something new.

So the question is this: How do I transform? How do I live a creative and original life?

All of my reading and writing, in one way or another, comes back to this question of personal transformation. I don't know the answer yet.

But I do know what I want the answer to revolve around: love.

I want to love. How do I love?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Engaging that poem was an intense pleasure, thanks to the poster.
    I felt the speaker's intense desire to feel strongly enough for both him and the river; to fill up with anger at what has happened to the river and himself. The identification he has for nature and a simple/unconscious existence is just so, so sharply clashes with some of the cruelty of consciousness/humanity. At the same time, there is such a simple, simple yearning for the simple but powerful emotions of love and trust. It's always a little hard for me to empathize with old-age speakers, but this poem was just delicious.

    Razzle Dazzle, I don't mean to hijack your blog.
    I've been dabbling with engaging here, and this poem just called me to jump right in. My thoughts on the limitations of words are growing. Perhaps I should start a blog; a community is already more stimulating than diary entries to myself. I miss you Riley.
    -P

    ReplyDelete
  3. P = Phil? Word. Blogging is fun. I like getting to know other people's writing and getting feedback on my writing. Words do so much.

    ReplyDelete