Monday, June 21, 2010

Inverted Days: Getting Sick and Sleeping All Day

This is mainly a journalesque post that is on the fly.

Today I was at work and I had a bizarre migraine and sickness attack.

I woke up feeling strangely headachy. Just felt kinda ill. I figured it was from not sleeping enough. Or from being tired on a Monday. But then I went to work and I had a sip of coffee and said to someone 'oh that coffee is gonna make me throw up.'

They told me to have some tea so I drank some tea instead. Then I felt okay. But then I made an even worse decision and ate a chicken steak from pizza roma. Which is delicious but terrible for me.

But yeah I ate my delicious and terrible sandwich and threw it all up about 40 minutes later. It was rough.

Then I came home at 2 and slept until 8. It was weird. My head was bumpin for most of the time I was in bed. I kept hearing my roommates having their giggle fest, or playing music. It was odd. Very odd day indeed. Fortunately my manager and a co-worker were understanding and there wasn't too much animosity about me leaving early.

But yeah, it feels strange to be awake now. It is 8:40 pm now. I don't know how late I'll be up, or what I'll do tonight. Drink lemonade, probably. That may hurt my throat, but will also be good to get some liquids in me.

Also, I'm listening to Love King. So that is fun. Writing this sporadic post.

I got some serious posts to drop in the future. My reading is starting to jack me up. Well, I was just rereading parts of The Idea of History and I realized how much more I would be able to get from reading it now. I read it a year ago, I was younger, I had less experience. I am now much more familiar with Foucault, with Collingwood's ideas, their implications.

And let me tell you, reading it felt heavy. Cause some of these implications are enormous.

Collingwood says all knowledge of mind is historical knowledge. That historical reenactment allows us to understand past figures, but the same methods allow us to understand a letter from a friend, or our own actions. All knowledge of mind is achieved by interpreting the expression of thought in the present. All knowledge is mind is historical.

If all knowledge of mind is historical then simulation theory of mind needs to look out. Draw some serious implications about the centrality of historical study, the importance of thinking like a historian.

And I am now seriously considering history programs for my doctorate. My professor once reccomended that I could write a history of Collingwood and the British Admiralty in WWI. Collingwood's writing was abstolutely shaped by his experiences in WWI, but it hasn't been clearly explicated. What happened to Collingwood in WWI? It would be a way for me to earn my chops as a historian, a legit historian, and still let me lean towards the philosophical end of history. A history of Collingwood in WWI would undoubtedly involve an analysis of his writing. I look forward to it. I find Collingwood to be an incredibly compelling writer. I hope to spend lots more time with him.

But anyways, weird day. Being sick is weird. Now I don't know what to do. Anyways, be on the look out for a few posts: one on Fouault's Discipline & Punish titled "Society's Implicit War," look for one called "The Inhibition of the Self as the Enrichment of the self: The Encapsulation and Diffusion of Other Minds," another called "Social Progress and Personal Progress: Expanding the Unconscious Repertoire and the Density of the Content of our Action."

After my huge post of 6/13 there is no slowing down up in my brain. My fingers, however, don't have the time to write all these things right now. I also think my mind can't handle it. I have to let these ideas brew a bit longer. That is why I'm rereading Collingwood.

But hey, I'll do it, I wont be too sick this week hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment